GEN Internship Positions Available
Girls Empowerment Network (GEN) is seeking strong leaders with a passion for girls’ issues to fill a number of unpaid internships within our agency. All interns must be committed to the mission of GEN, be team-oriented, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have reliable transportation. Internships typically last one semester (fall, spring or summer) and are anywhere from 10-40 hours/week.
For detailed internship position descriptions and application instructions, CLICK HERE.
GEN Internship Opportunities
· Communications—contribute to social media, the agency blog/website, and external communications.
· Fundraising—assist with projects necessary to sustain programs for girls and gain valuable skills in a nonprofit Development Department.
· Project Management—help plan our annual conference, as well as contribute to marketing/PR efforts and initiatives for our camps, Pathfinder program, and special projects.
· Community Relations—serve as a representative of GEN in the community, table at outreach events, and assist with the recruitment, screening, and training of agency volunteers.
· Direct Service—contribute to curriculum review and revision, provide support on-site with programming, and facilitate groups at elementary, middle, and high schools.
· Pathfinder Leadership Summit–attend an intensive summer training and then lead a small group of high school girls through the personal/professional development program. Interns organize ice breakers and activities, facilitate discussions and reflections with high school participants, and provide insight and guidance on the transition from high school to college. (Summer only).