Do you or anyone you know- have an interest in getting involved politically?
If so, Advance Austin is a program aimed at training the next generation of Austin leaders to tackle Central Texas’ pressing policy challenges.
Glasshouse Policy is teaming up with Leadership Austin and the Austin Young Chamber of Commerce to launch a new program that will teach you how to be an effective advocate and civic leader. Whether it’s learning how to serve on a board or commission for the first time, staffing an elected official, effectively advocating your priorities, or running for office yourself, the Advance Austin program will equip you with the tools to substantively engage with others to influence the public policy of the future.
The last day to apply for Advance Austin is Monday, June 19.
The sessions will take place:
- Monday, July 10: 4:30-8:30 pm – Austin’s Political Landscape
- Monday, July 17: 4:30-8:30 pm – How to Advocate for What You Believe In
- Saturday, July 22: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm – Applying What You’ve Learned – Practicum 1
- Monday, July 24: 4:30-8:30 pm – Making a Difference on the Inside – A look behind the scenes
- Monday, July 31: 4:30-8:30 pm – Making a Difference on the Outside – Engaging with the community
- Saturday, August 5: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm – Applying What You’ve Learned – Practicum 2
If you have friends who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward this email or link them to Leadership Austin's blog post!