Elon & Company is seeking a BADASS, Senior Front-end Web Developer
Elon & Company is looking for a badass, experienced front-end developer to join their team! They are an Austin-based start up company and are looking to hire talented and experience front-end developers with 3-5 years of experience.
You'll work with directly with their Project Manager and President. You will have weekly team meetings and the ability to express your ideas and feedback on projects and how projects will be executed.
Develop new user-facing features.
- Will convert older code to newer technologies.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Work in an agile environment using Podio as a tracking tool to iterative release cycles.
- Work on a shared code platform that feeds multiple brands that require CSS overrides for site skinning.
- Translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- You will work with the UI/UX designer and .NET developer to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Willing to travel to the office in South Austin up to 2 times/week
Skills And Qualifications:
- Must have proven experience with being self-sufficient with design skills.
- Prior contracting experience preferably in an e-commerce environment.
- Must have experience with converting older code to newer frameworks.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as SVN, GIT and TFS.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Deep understanding of CSS, web fonts, CSS3 selectors, BEM and LESS/SASS.
- Willing to travel to the office in South Austin 2-3 times/week.
This is a part-time position that has potential to develop into a full-time role. MUST be available to interview in Austin, TX. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your portfolio and/or resume, your location, and your hourly rate.