Here's your crash course on rising property values and shrinking affordability in Texas' big cities – and how they affect access and diversity. Hear six leaders in their fields discuss what affordability means for young Texans looking to put down roots in the Lone Star State. Join the Texas Tribune and KUT Austin as we explore the innovative programs in place to help manage skyrocketing rents, property taxes and health care costs.
The event will feature two conversations on affordability in Austin and across the state of Texas, featuring:
- Greg Anderson, director of community affairs at Austin Habitat for Humanity
- Francisco Enriquez, co-founder and managing director of Glasshouse Policy
- Marc Fort, marketing coordinator for the Texas Music Office
- Ashley Phillips, managing director of Impact Hub Austin
- Christina Rosales, communications director for Texas Housers
- Rey Saldaña, San Antonio city councilman
The Texas Tribune's Alana Rocha and KUT Austin's Syeda Hasan will moderate the conversations.
Click here for more information.